As always, I had a list of thoughts flitting through my mind. Truth is, I really can't think beyond a simple sentence or two when huffing and puffing that much. So, here are todays random thoughts:
- stOOpid procrastinating!
- 11:24 is ridiculously late to be heading out in August.
- I want things that can only be gained through this kind of effort.
- I'll be glad I did this (yeah, right!).
- The shade feels good.
- I don't think I'll make it 2 miles the way I feel.
- My legs are really killing me.
- My water didn't stay cold very long!
- I wish I had 2 water bottles.
- It's GOT to be hotter than 85 degrees!
- Oh yeah, that was the temp 2 hours ago. *sigh*
- Peddling down the ridge is like paddling on a big wave - just keeping my rhythm.
- Even the downhills aren't that refreshing.
- I used to be afraid of this kind of speed.
- Don't suppress success by underestimating your accomplishments.
- I'm having to stop and breathe/drink more than usual.
- I'm going further before I turn around. Furtherest turnaround so far!
- Even though the gear didn't shift properly I made the hill!
- I feel kind of sick.
- Calling for a ride home isn't the worst thing in the world.
It wasn't my best ride - for sure. However, I think I gained more from this one than others in the past. I pushed myself harder than ever. I found all kinds of successes and I found the point where I needed to swallow my pride and ask for some help. These are all valuable lessons. I sure am glad I'm home!
Oh! and I remember thinking: I hope the eagles and vultures don't figure out how wiped out I am! (I made it about 9 miles by the way. )