- I can't hear the deer scooting through the woods from my cushy chair in the air conditioning.
- A little tiny lizard will move really fast to get out of my way.
- Sometimes a little breather will give you just enough umph to press on.
- Sucking in the gut (or core, to be trendy) helps.
- I hate the water bottle I took along.
- Better to walk a hill (or crawl up a mountain) than stand in the valley and never see the view.
- I LIKE biking!
- The downhills here are heavenly.
- The uphills here ... make the downhills heavenly.
- I wish Patrick and come over and gone with me.
- I should've called Patrick!
- I ride over a ridge on my "little" bike ride.
- I CAN STILL RIDE 9 MILES!
- At the end of my ride I was finishing hills in gears that I used to reserve for downhill only. : D
- I can't believe I put this off so long!
- I can't wait to jump in that lake even if the water is hot!
Nothing to Say, But Can't Shut Up - haha! That's what I thought I should call my blog! What I write here might not mean a thing to you and I'm pretty o.k. with that. However, I have an active mind and like to sort things out out loud, so to speak. I also like to have deep conversations so feel free to jump in and comment. I'm glad you showed up and took the time to read. Welcome!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Random Thoughts from My Bike Ride
I've put off hard core exercise for a few weeks now. I had some good reasons to begin with but before long it just turned into something I dreaded. So - with a little motivation from my nephew, Patrick, I decided this was the day to GO! It's a cloudy day, so it finally seemed like the time to get on my trusty, non-fancy, given-to-me, LL Bean bike and see how far I could make it after goofing off for a few weeks. I hoped for 4 or 5 decent miles. I made it about 9. SWEET! As I rode, some of the following came to mind: